This recipe makes makes four pint mason jar s’mores.
Complete each layer before moving onto the next.
Graham Cracker Layer
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter and mix in graham crumbs and salt.
- Mix until moistened.
- Grease 4 mason jars.
- Press graham crust into jars.
Before baking, you need to whip up the chocolate cake layer and add it to each mason jar.
Chocolate Cake Layer
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a bowl, whisk egg and sugar until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add milk, cream, butter and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Mix dry ingredients well and add to wet mixture.
- Mix until batter is smooth.
- Add batter to mason jars one scoop at a time. Distribute the batter evenly between 4 jars. It should fill each jar about halfway.
- Place mason jars in a baking dish with about 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cake is set.
- Remove cake from the oven.
Marshmallow Topping Layer
Alright, you’ve done the hard part. Now is the fun part.
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- Set your oven to BROIL
- Fill each jar to the top with marshmallows, pressing them in and being careful not to burn yourself. It takes about 5 in each jar to fill them.
- Stick the cakes back in the now broiling oven and brown marshmallows for about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Do not take your eyes off them or they will burn!
- Serve immediately.