- 1/2 pint mason jars
- (18.25-ounce) package cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 TB oil
- 1 TSP lemon juice
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, oil, and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners in muffin pans inside mason jars.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Cupcakes are done when center springs back.
- It is important to allow the cupcakes to cool before adding your cream cheese frosting.
Yield: approximately 24 cupcakes
By using taller mason jars, some people are stacking cupcakes to make layered mason jar cupcakes. Find this easter themed bird’s nest on Picket Fence.