Microwave mug cakes are a great way to have instant cake!
Like with all microwave mug cakes, these should be eaten immediately or they will solidify into a cake-like brick.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 tb butter
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine butter and cream cheese and microwave on high for ten seconds.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white or wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tb cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves (optional)
Add ingredients in the listed order to a mixing bowl and mix with a fork.
Once the above ingredients are combined and well mixed, stir in:
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Pour into your mason jar.
- Microwave on high for two minutes.
- Microwave power levels vary, so you may need 1 or 2 minutes longer. Check by sticking the cake with a toothpick. The cake is ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Add frosting and your cake is ready!